Works as part of a dynamic, fast paced, global team to provide Project Management of resources, budget and issues for various projects including web design and development for Custom Web Development, IOT (Internet of Things), and E-Commerce based websites.
Leads and guides multiple Harmonic software development project teams for multiple clients simultaneously, including web based customer facing and internal systems, data collection, reporting and analytics, and mobile platforms (Android and IOS phone and tablet) development.
- Simultaneously work with multiple Harmonic clients, Architects, and Business Analysts to gather business requirements and oversee the architects who will translate them into technical architectures for new project development.
- Simultaneously work with multiple Harmonic Archtiects and Front and Back end Development teams, to identify and resolve any and all technical issues for Harmonic client projects as they arise.
- Provide on time, on budget, high quality project delivery for all Harmonic client projects.
- Provide weekly status reports for all Harmonic client projects.
- Identify, track, and resolve any and all project issues as they arise. Be able to provide detailed reporting on each issue for each project on demand at any time.
- Suggest continuous process improvements to Harmonic SDLC processes
- Report project status to Harmonic management weekly.
- Identify and escalate critical issues in advance as best as possible. Provide risk mitigation.
- Over 10 years experience in manging successful delivery of large, complex software development projects
- Microsoft Project/developing project plans, Office suite, providing GANTT charts, schedules, budget reports, charts, issues trackers, managing project team sites.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously, and manage multiple team schedules and contacts
- Strong customer facing presence, interaction, and ability to understand most technical ideas being communicated by the architect and client and translate most of these back and forth with the client’s business requirements
- Ability to provide project estimates and identify changes in scope for projects, explaining the change control process to clients, writing change controls for projects, and escalating any questions to Harmonic management as needed.
- Ability to travel 10%-25% annnually on demand (of course working within your personal and business schedule parameters)
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to recognize problems in advance and provide solution options, ability to define and mitigate project risks before they occur (this only comes from experience), will communicate issues openly and promptly to Harmonic Architects, and clients
- Creative problem solver with an on-time, on-quality, on-budget mindset
- Creative, innovative thinker, hard worker, task and goal oriented
- Communicates excellently in person and in writing, able to work remotely and remain on task, while attending daily (if needed) status calls with Harmonic Architects and Developers and/or Harmonic clients
- Diligent meeting notes taker and recorder, prompt and reliable scheduler of meetings
- Makes and keeps committments, works with project teams and Harmonic management to provide project estimates, and works to refine them to hit actual target dates and work deliverables. We understand not 100% of the time will be accurate, it is software development, and we get it.
- Ability to oversee multiple development teams efforts on multiple technologies across multiple projects
Bachelor’s degree and/or significant experience in Project Management in the IT or software development fields.
7 years of software project management experience. 10 or more years preferred.