Works as part of a dynamic, fast paced, global team to provide cutting edge, modern architecture plans, designs, and leadership for various projects including web design and development for Custom Web Development, IOT (Internet of Things), and E-Commerce based websites.
Opportunity to innovate, design, work with, lead and manage various software development project teams for various clients simultaneously, including web based customer facing and internal systems, data collection, reporting and analytics, and mobile platforms (Android and IOS phone and tablet) development.
- Simultaneously work with multiple Harmonic clients, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to gather business requirements and translate them into technical architectures for new project development.
- Simultaneously work with multiple Harmonic Front and Back end Development teams, to identify and resolve any and all technical issues for Harmonic client projects.
- Provide high performing, scalable, world class, modern architectures for Harmonic client projects.
- Discover and define architectural concepts for future platforms and products, with emphasis on the database and application tiers, as well as integration of the modern front end web development tiers
- Provide support and guidance to QA/QC during verification, validation, beta, and user acceptance testing
- Provide direction and assistance to consultants and contract resources, as well as product level expertise to Harmonic and Harmonic client’s management, sales, and marketing teams as needed
- Bring discipline and standardization to current SDLC practices and evolve methodology as necessary
- Suggest and implement creative and new ideas to solve technical and business problems using advanced, current, and modern methods
- Provide best practices suggestions to Harmonic clients and development teams in areas of tool selection, emerging technologies, best practices, and data analysis.
- Over 10 years experience in developing software products and or applications, preferably in multiple languages and technologies spread across many industries and applications.
- Mobile development experience is required as mobile is on the roadmap near or mid-term for most projects Harmonic performs. If you have significant mobile development experience and modern, relevant skills, you will likely be leading these efforts or participating at a minimum as well, complementing our existing mobile app development teams and working with them to deliver exciting, cutting edge, REST API based, client solutions.
- Experience in software design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability, and performance
- Strong customer facing presence, interaction, and ability to communicate technical ideas in non technical manner to non-technical clients, as well as in deep and broad technical fashion to technical client employees (architects, developers)
- Strong ability to recognize when a simpler design approach would suffice, thus reducing Harmonic client’s complexity and costs in getting projects completed without sacrificing quality or other critical architectural concerns.
- Ability to develop prototype solutions and mockups as required and ability to think on the fly and provide solutions to critical client problems in live meetings on the spot
- Ability to travel 10%-25% annnually on demand (of course working within your personal and business schedule parameters)
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to recognize problems in advance and provide solutions, ability to define and mitigate project risks before they occur (this only comes from experience), will communicate issues openly and promptly to Harmonic Project Managers, and clients
- Creative problem solver with an on-time, on-quality, on-budget mindset
- Creative, innovative thinker, hard worker, task and goal oriented
- Communicates well in person and in writing, able to work remotely and remain on task, while attending daily (if needed) status calls with Harmonic Project Managers and/or Harmonic clients
- Makes and keeps committments, provides estimates, and works to refine them to hit actual target dates and work deliverables. We understand not 100% of the time will be accurate, it is software development, and we get it.
- Ability to oversee multiple development teams efforts on multiple technologies across multiple projects, and to determine areas of need or assistance and to actually assist them in times of need or project “hotspots”, no matter the technical or business issue
- Team player, but can also work well individually and then present back to the team the results and findings. This is a HUGE point of consideration. We are all Senior development resources, and there will not be a lot of time for hand holding.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
12 years of software design, development, and solution architecture experience. 15 or more years preferred.